The holiday season is crucial for any business, especially jewelry businesses. As we all try to catch last-minute shoppers, our marketing strategies have a tendency to get a little off track.
We might have gone over Tips on Managing Your Social Media Marketing, but what about tips on what you should NOT be doing? This is what you need to know.
1. Lack of customer service agents. One of the biggest mistakes that you can make is to not have the staff available to help your marketing efforts. If you are advertising a promotion, but have no customer service agents available to help make those sales, the entire marketing strategy goes to waste.
2. Untrained customer service agents. It is bad enough to not have enough agents available to help your customers, but it is worse to have poorly trained staff. This could include agents who do not know how to apply promotions, what the promos are, how to work the cash register, and even not knowing enough about the jewelry. When customers are waited on by poorly trained staff, they are more likely to give you a negative rating online. Take the time to train all of your staff to be competent.
3. Forgetting social media. We know it is hard to keep up with your social media accounts during the holiday rush, but it is more important than ever to keep your business fresh in the minds of your customers. There are plenty of last minute shoppers out there just waiting for your suggestion to come see your store.
4. Having insufficient stock. This is especially important if you have been advertising a promotion or a product, but if you do not have enough of the product in question, you will not get the positive feedback that you deserve. Check out what your sales history has been and make sure that your inventory numbers are prepared for the incoming sales rush.
5. Not updating for the holidays. Holiday-themed websites are far more attractive to potential customers during the holiday shopping season. Your website can contribute to the festive feeling of holiday cheer, encouraging your customers to join in the fun. Check out some homepage inspiration here.
You can also contact the marketing experts at GemFind. We know what marketing tactics can help boost your sales during the holiday season.
Contact us today to get started. 800-373-4373