Instagram is only one of the wonderful tools that you can use to promote your business online. One part of Instagram is called Instagram Stories, which is a feature that lets you post pictures that are related to one another in a slideshow. The slideshow is only visible for a day and then is gone.
If you have an Instagram account for your business, you absolutely should consider using Instagram Stories for marketing purposes. If you do not have one yet, read “How to Sell Jewelry to an Instagram User” to learn more about it. Not only can it improve your engagement, but it can also improve your visibility. Here are the reasons why you should use it.
1. Keep yourself visible in feeds. To begin with, using Instagram Stories will make it easier for your followers to see you. Stories appear at the top of the Instagram app, making it easy to find and impossible to ignore. It will keep you fresh in your followers’ minds.
2. Don’t get caught in the algorithm. Facebook and Instagram both use an algorithm to determine what shows up in someone’s feed. Where you fall in that algorithm is how you get placed higher or lower in someone’s newsfeed. Instagram Stories is like having a post up where any of your followers can find it.
3. Show a different side of your business. Instagram Stories gives you an opportunity to take your followers into a different side of your business. It is a great place to show off behind the scenes information.
4. Place time-sensitive information in a temporary place. If you have a sale or event going on, putting the information in your Story will keep your profile current. You will not have old content sitting in your history since the information will disappear the next day.
5. Keep your Instagram profile professional. Using Stories will ensure that your business profile stays high quality and strictly professional. Anything that is lighter in content or having a photograph that was not taken by a professional should not be cluttering your profile. Stories allows you to share it without having to keep it. If you aren’t using a professional photographer for your Instagram posts, read “Why Your Website Needs A Professional Photographer” to learn why quality matters.
For more information on how to use digital marketing, call GemFind.
GemFind has an experienced and knowledgeable marketing team waiting to help your business bloom.
Contact us today to get started. 800-373-4373