When running a successful marketing campaign, subject lines can be the difference between getting a customer to read an email or to have it deleted and never opened. Your email subscribers will instantly scan through their emails’ subject lines, archiving unwanted emails and opening those that interest them.
How can you get more email subscribers to open your emails? One answer is through the use of personalization. Campaign Monitor reported that emails with a personalized subject line are 26% more likely to be opened than generic email subject lines.
Here are five tips to effectively personalize subject lines.
1. Use first names: Subject lines that have the recipient’s first name are going to get more attention than other emails. Using first names makes the email seem more personal, and the customer will feel more valued.
2. Localize the emails: Knowing where your subscribers are located is essential for this to work. If you have customers in different parts of the country or the world, you will need to know where they are at. You can’t really do a winter jewelry clearance where the weather is always sunny.
3. Abandoned cart recovery: Make sure your website's shopping tool has an abandoned cart recovery function. If a subscriber placed items in their shopping cart on your website and left it, they could receive a personalized email notifying them that the items are still available. For more information on abandoned cart recovery, check out “Abandon Cart Recovery Tips.”
4. Transaction history: Knowing what your subscribers have purchased in the past can help you personalize email subject lines, tuning into what you know they like already. For this case, you should use a subject line that concentrates on the types of products they have previously purchased, showing that you are paying attention to their needs.
5. Birthday and anniversary emails: Keep track of a customer’s birthday or anniversary, or even the birthday of a significant other, to encourage them to open the email. Remind the subscriber of an upcoming important date, while giving them an idea of the type of gift to give.
If you would like more information on effective jewelry marketing, contact GemFind. Our team of marketing experts know exactly how to improve your digital marketing strategies and is standing by to help you.
Contact us today to get started. 800-373-4373